Start: 22nd April 2017
12:00 am
End: 1st May 2017
12:00 am

Event Venue


GPS: 54.195138, -3.0926699999999983

The aims of the walkfest has always been to respect and care for the environment and cherish the opportunities that nature gives us to enjoy ourselves. 99% of their 32 walks in 2014 could be accessed by public transport or started from the town. The other 1% offers a minibus service/car sharing scheme. Even the walk programmes and posters are printed by a company which uses carbon balanced materials and provides them with a certificate to show how much they have reduced their impact on the environment.

Everyone involved in the festival are volunteers. Some of the walks leaders are professional people but kindly provide their skills and expertise free of charge to benefit the walking festival. Any profits they make will go towards the continuity of the festival. Their walk leaders, many of whom have supported the festival for years, are experienced and knowledgeable in their area of expertise.  Many of our walk leaders are mountain rescue personnel.


Fees & Tickets
Events Pro  |  Info: There are no events created, add some please.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

Solve : *
7 + 21 =